Corrects situation where avatar images are missing from file system.
A missing avatar image missing from the file system will result in a blank avatar to be shown. This add-on fixes this problem.
(Example of Avatar Data Check page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- All phrases start with avatardatacheck_ for your convenience.
- Download avatardatacheck_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-AvatarDataCheck_v1.0.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
How to use:
Go to the User group permissions and set the Administrative user group permission to Yes.
Add "avatardatacheck" to the end of the URL in your browser.
Full Friendly URLs http://www.domain.com/avatardatacheck http://www.domain.com/forums/avatardatacheck non-Full Friendly URLs http://www.domain.com/index.php?avatardatacheck http://www.domain.com/forums/index.php?avatardatacheck
The update link will set the xf_user.avatar_date to 0 for each user shown in the list. This will fix the blank avatar problem.
Question and Answers:
Q: I ran the add-on but no results were displayed, yet I still have some avatars that are blank.
A: Make sure the files in the data/avatars folders have the same owner. You will need to use the chown recursive command.