- Compatible XF 2.x versions
Automatically creates birthday threads for your members.
(Example of Birthday thread)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Automatically creates birthday threads for your members.
- Alert is sent letting the member know about the birthday thread.
- Follows "Show day and month of birth" privacy settings.
- All phrases start with birthdaythread_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-BirthdayThread-1.8.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/BirthdayThread directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
In order to change the Cron entry, be sure to add this to your config.php file:
$config['debug'] = true;
Set the Birthday thread cron entry to run once a day at 3:00 AM.
Select next day
The following option needs to be selected if your cron entry runs the previous day of members birthdays.
User group permissions:
Normally all you need to do is set the Registered user group to "Yes".
Questions and Answers:
Q: Is it possible to have all birthdays put into a single thread?
A: No. The idea of a birthday thread is to spot light a single member and have a place to share nice comments directed solely to the one member.