- Compatible XF 2.x versions
- Additional Requirements
- PHP 7.2.0+ (7.4+ recommended)
- Visible branding
DragonByte Favicons is a small but powerful mod that allows you to display favicons for links posted on your forum using the BBCode.
Site icons, or "favicons", are small icons displayed in bookmarks and in your browser's address bar when visiting specific websites. They help identify the site, and is a part of a site's branding. Using this mod, the benefits of this branding will be added to posts, statuses and anywhere else BBCode is parsed.
Using this mod, your users can easily spot whether a piece of text is a link, and get an indication of what website they're about to visit.
Extended Product Information
- Globally toggle the display of favicons for links
- Choose whether to include internal links (links to your own forum)
- Choose whether to include links in signatures
- Display the favicon before or after the link text
- Supports both raw links in URL tags and URL tags with custom text
- Supports RTL
- Uses Google's "S2 Converter" service to obtain the favicon
- URL tags are processed in PHP, so causes no loss of performance in the user's browser
- Can be further styled via the link--favicon CSS class in extra.less
DragonByte's XenForo modifications include a single-line merged copyright footer which contains:
- 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies XenForo store category
- 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
- 1 Link to a Details page listing the modifications this site has installed
If you like this add-on, please consider leaving a Like and/or a review. We would really appreciate it!