- Compatible XF 2.x versions
Sends an email to members reminding them that your forum runs on donations.
This add-on is designed to be run manually, there is no cron option. I suggest not sending out emails too often as that can very easily have a negative effect.
(Example of email message)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Donation reminder confirm page)
(Example of Donation reminder sent page)
- Configurable options page.
- Confirmation page indicates how many emails will be sent.
- Ability to send a test email.
- Emails are never sent to banned, invalid, or members that have selected not to receive site mailings.
- Unsubscribe link provided
- All phrases start with donationreminder_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-DonationReminder-1.2.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/DonationReminder directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
- Enter information into the Options page.
- Enter 'donationreminder' to your forum URL and press enter.
- A confirmation page will indicate how many emails will be sent.
- Click link to send emails.
You can always send a test email by entering your username into the 'Test username' in the Options page.