- Compatible XF 2.x versions
The Ebay parser add-on is used to convert eBay item links immediately after a message is saved. The converted links will include your eBay campaign ID.
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Parses thread and conversation messages
- Different campaign IDs can be added for each country
- Adds campaign ID to eBay item links
- Deletes any existing campaign ID and adds your campaign ID
- User Group Permissions allow Override
- Download Andy-EbayParser-1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/EbayParser directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
When a member pastes one or more eBay item links into a message (after saving message), the add-on will parse the message looking for eBay item links and make appropriate changes to the link.
User group permissions:
Normally you will not be required to change User group permissions. However the add-on has the ability to bypass the default behavior and not parse the eBay link, this can be useful in situations where you would like certain user groups to use their own campaign ID. The Bypass permission would be set to Allow for that user group.
Question and Answers:
Q: Does this add-on support the "Convert URLs to Page Titles" function?
Q: Does this add-on support the "Unfurl URL to a rich preview automatically" function?