This XenForo 2.0 addon replaces the built in libraries with Guzzle 6.x and provides a test suite to ensure functionality is preserved.
Important: the only reason you would want to install this addon is if you have other addons which require Guzzle 6.
YOU SHOULD NOT INSTALL THIS ADDON UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT. If you don't know whether you need it or not, you probably don't. This addon can potentially break functionality in other 3rd party addons if they utilise the built-in Guzzle 5 functionality - due to incompatibilities between Guzzle 5 and Guzzle 6.
This addon requires PHP 5.5 or higher and only works on XenForo 2.0.x
The current release has been tested with the following versions of XenForo software and may require modifications to work with later releases:
- XenForo 2.0.2
- XenForo Media Gallery 2.0.2
- XenForo Enhanced Search 2.0.1
Once installed, all calls to \XF::app()->http()->client() and \XF::app()->http()->reader() will be redirected via the Guzzle 6 libraries.
There have been breaking changes between the Guzzle v5 and v6 releases, primarily around the implementation of PSR-7 interfaces for requests, responses, and streams.
I have implemented a small test suite to check that functionality is preserved, but that is by no means exhaustive, so please proceed with caution.
A new admin menu item has been added to the Tools menu to run the test suite - it is strongly recommended that these tests be run after installation and after an upgrade.
- I have not yet tested the code modifications for PayPal, Stripe or TwoCheckout - please proceed with caution
- The Captcha test only tests the currently enabled Captcha. Some Captcha tools don't actually function without an API key (always return success), so you may not actually be testing the Guzzle code if you haven't fully configured that Captcha tool.
- If you would like to contribute to the development of this addon, please feel free to fork it on BitBucket and submit Pull requests.