- Compatible XF 2.x versions
Adds RSS feed widget.
Easily show RSS feeds from other web sites or your own forum.
(Example of RSS feed widget)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Download Andy-RSSFeed-1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/RSSFeed directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
To add a RSS feed widget in the sidebar do the following:
- Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Add widget
- Select RSS feed and Add widget
- Enter the following:
Widget key = rss_feed
Title = leave blank
Display in positions = Forum list: Sidebar
Questions and Answers:
Q: I updated the Options page but my changes don't show in the widget.
A: The widget is update by Cron Entries every 10 minutes.
This add-on creates a table called xf_andy_rss_feed in your database.