Some of the other changes in this release include:
- In some cases, a Solve Media CAPTCHA challenge would erroneously pass if the HTML was tampered with (such as via a spam bot).
- Better support for media embeds and user mentions in the IPS Forums 4.x importer.
- Fix for missing likes on import from XF to XF.
- Improve PHP 7.x compatibility in the SMF importer.
- Add rel="canonical" to the quick navigation template to avoid indexing duplicate content.
- Security: Disable use of js/videojs/video-js.swf and remove calling it from the template.
- Recommend users upgrade to PHP 5.6 or above when installing or upgrading.
Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 7.2 or newer. XenForo 2.0 requires PHP 5.4 or newer. XenForo 2.1 will require PHP 5.6 or newer. If you are running a version below PHP 5.6, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Installation and Upgrade Instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.