Some of the changes in XF 1.5.22 include:
- Improve compatibility with MySQL 8.0.
- Improve support for newer TLS versions in emails for PHP versions >= PHP 5.6.
- In the spam cleaner only show email addresses to admin users who have the users permission.
- Use deconstructImages on GIFs (where available) in order to reduce the resulting file size.
- Bypass username validation when renaming a user on delete.
- Ensure registration defaults do not override receive_admin_email settings specified on registration.
- Fix missing phrase param on the accept_terms page.
- Fix URL typo in Help controller.
- Ensure the thread redirect key is correctly rebuilt when moving a redirect thread.
Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 7.2 or newer. XenForo 2.0 requires PHP 5.4 or newer. XenForo 2.1 will require PHP 5.6 or newer. If you are running a version below PHP 5.6, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Installation and Upgrade Instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.