See our previous release announcement for details of how we can help you comply with the new GDPR regulations.
A summary of the changes in this release are as follows:
- Ensure certain fields output in the data portability exports are escaped (XF1 and XF2)
- Some small phrase adjustments (XF1 and XF2)
- Attempt to ensure the new cookie notice does not hide the footer links (XF1 and XF2)
- Ensure data portability features are only available to admins with the "Manage users" permission (XF1 and XF2)
- If the geoLocationUrl option is empty, no longer attempt to link a user's location (XF1 and XF2)
- If a user's location is linked, ensure that noreferrer and nofollow values are set (XF1 and XF2)
- Implement the ability to add an unsubscribe link to admin sent emails (XF1)
- Fix issues with selecting the new bottom fixer notice type (XF1)
- Fix for invalid CSS (XF1)
- Fix broken register_twitter template (XF1)
- Not GDPR related, but fix issue with toggling Q&A CAPTCHA questions (XF2)
- Do not display protected change log entries (like policy acceptance dates) for potential spammers in the user approval queue (XF2)
The following templates have been changed in this release:
- account_contact_details (XF1)
- account_privacy (XF1)
- help_index (XF2)
- help_wrapper (XF2)
- helper_account (XF2)
- member_about (XF2)
- member_view (XF1)
- message_macros (XF2)
- message_user_info (XF1)
- public.css (XF1)
- register_twitter (XF1)
Download XenForo 1.5.21 or XenForo 2.0.7
From the Licensed Customer Area
Installation and Upgrade Instructions for XenForo 1.5
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.
Installation and Upgrade Instructions for XenForo 2.0
Full details of how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual.
Note that when upgrading from XenForo 1.x, all add-ons will be disabled and style customizations will not be maintained. New versions of add-ons will need to be installed and customizations will need to be redone. We strongly recommended that you make a backup before attempting an upgrade. Once upgraded, you will not be able to downgrade without restoring from a backup.